As Christmas approached I realized I didn’t have a "babies first Christmas" ornament and this was kind of strange to me because usually someone gives that as a gift. I went to Kohls one day and looked for one but they didn’t have any so I thought about telling my mom (mimi) because I know how she is… she would of searched until she was able to find one. The night we went to Stone Mountain with Debra and Jess, Debra ask me if she had gave me a "babies first Christmas" ornament and I told her no… she said "well I have one that Phil had bought for Avery and he gave it to me to put up". I wanted to cry this was why I never had received or bought a "babies first Christmas" ornament. This ornament is so special to Phillip and I and I look forward to the day that I can tell Avery this story. Phil was thinking ahead and wanted Avery to have this special ornament with her name on it… we will smile and think of this story every year we hang it on the tree.

Avery with her Poppy Phil

5 comments:
How wonderful !!! It is amazing some times how God works...This ornamnet will always have a special place in Avery's heart.
Oh, that brings tears to my eyes! That has be the most special thing ever!!
What a spcial story to tell Avery. I'm sure she was the apple of Phil's eye and she would have had him wraped around her little finger. She will know and love him through many wonderful memories; some touching, some funny, that you can share with her.
This brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throught. What a special gift Phil left Avery, she will cherish it forever.
This is just great, I know that Phil is looking after all of you. I can't belive Avery is 6 months old, time goes on.
I realy injoy keeping up with your family and I still miss Phil very much.
Jean Dillard
Post a Comment