Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surgery Update...

We received a call from Scottish Rite on Friday that Avery's appliance was ready and they scheduled her first surgery for Wednesday October 1, 2008. The appliance will go in the top of her mouth and this will bring her gums closer together so when they fix her lip it will make things easier on the surgeon. Avery will go on Tuesday for a physical and pre-op and then on Wednesday for surgery. They will put Avery under with a local anesthetic and she will have to stay one night at the hospital. The appliance will stay in 4-5 weeks and then they will repair her lip and the appliance will come out at that time. Please just keep us in your prayers and I will update you as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery,Gina,and Philip,
We love you, and want to remind you that we will be praying for you the next few weeks. If you need to..buzz for encouragment.

Love,
Joy (Aunt Fluffy), David, Emily, and Ean

Anonymous said...

Philip and Gina,
I know how hard it is to send your little one in for surgery....it was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do as a mom. The only thing you can do is surrender Avery into God's hands and trust that He will take perfect care of her. Just know that my prayers are with you in the coming days and weeks.

Love
Michelle Dugan

Anonymous said...

We prayed for Avery before she was part of your family, and we will continue to pray for her in this next step of the journey. I know God will provide you the strength you need to get through these next few weeks. We love the Pophams 3.

Love,
Christy & Cole