Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...


Avery's shirt says... "I'm mommy's dream come true".(thanks grant & uncle Trammell)


Before church this morning.

This was my gift this morning... anyone who shops in Covington on the square would know this package in a minute... Spiers. This usually means something Vera Bradley. : )
Avery & Phillip gave me a Vera Bradley All in One Wristlet. This is just what I need being a new mommy. I can put my money, keys, cards and keys in this.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
Phillip said to me yesterday, "this is your 1st official mother's day"... I have such a wonderful husband. Each mother's day that came and went over the years, Phillip ALWAYS made me feel special on that day. We usually always went to dinner and he always did something special for me. I have always had a mother's heart and I prayed one day God would make me, "official". : ) When mothers day would get here each year, I would be out in the store and the cashier would say "happy mother's day" and I would just smile and if it was a lady cashier I would say "happy mother's day to you too"... or at church, each year they usually pass out flowers to each mother and they would insist that take one. I would always wonder if the day would every come that I would be able to say thank you, when I was wished a "happy mother's day" or take the flower without feeling "I'm not a mother I shouldn't". Praise God for the gift He has given me this year... I love being a mom, it's everything I could have imagined and SO much more. Avery is the light of my life, she brings so much joy and happiness to me, it's a huge honor to be Avery's mommy. After 17 years of waiting on the gift of becoming a mother, God has blessed me and showed me so much in the "wait". I know so many others that are waiting to become mothers, and I just want to say... God does answer prayers and He knows you have a "mother's heart".
I want to thank my mommy for being the amazing "mother" that she is. What a role model I have had. My mom was a stay at home mom and I thank God for that, she was there everyday I came home from school, she is someone I can talk to about anything, she has a heart that is bigger than anyone I know, she is caring, giving and encouraging. I hope that I am half the mother to Avery that my mom is to me. I love you mommy.

5 comments:

Krista said...

I am sitting here with tears of joy for you!! You are truly blessed to have this beautiful little girl in you life. The picture of you and Avery is priceless. Treasure everyday! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY, GINA!!
Love to you all
Aunt Krista

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you Gina. I'm so happy you get to experience the joy of being one person that a little child counts on. It's a pricless feeling. When you have that feeling nothing else really matters. They make you forget about all your troubles. Children are a blessing. And I thank God for mine. I hope Sunday was special for you and I know Philip and Avery did just that.
love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say Phillip and Avery nice Mother's Day present. You get an A+.
love,
Amanda

The Knights said...

So I have to stop reading your blog at work because it always makes me cry... maybe just right now with the crazy hormones... but I am so happy for you and I just hope that I can be half the mother you are to avery... the three of yall are definitely a match made in heaven!

MiMi said...

What a blessing to see these pictures and see you experience this day that you have longed for ...for so long. Avery was worth the wait....she melts my heart....Gina, you have wanted to be a mommy since you were a little girl ...We are all blessed to have Avery...our Angel...Happy Mothers Day Baby....I love you.....
Phillip you did GOOD !!!!