Monday, May 2, 2011

Relay For Life 2011...

 We had the honor to participate in Relay for life this year.  Our church started a team this year and Phillip, Avery and I were a part of it.  As most of you know Phillip's dad lost his battle with cancer in September 2008, so this day was bitter sweet for us.  I have wanted us to get involved in something as a family and participate each year, so this was great!!!  Avery helped me make a luminary bag in memory of Phil...I had a picture of Phil and Avery right after Avery was born so we pasted that on there and decorated our bag to place on the relay track.


 Avery standing behind Phil's bag...she was so proud.  Her poppy Phil would be SO proud of her.

 Here is the luminary bag lit up...The track looked so beautiful with all the bags lit in memory or honor of everyone.  The 3 of us walked around the track in memory of Phil during the time the bags were lit...very emotional time. 
 Phillip and Avery walking the lap in memory of Phil.

I love this picture below...(wish it wasn't so blurry)

3 comments:

Aunt Jenn said...

Crying.... I have seen first hand the compassionate heart that is inside Avery. I love the 3 of you with all my heart.

MiMi/PapPap said...

I am feeling like Aunt Jenn..very emotional . I am proud of you three. Phil is proud of your dedication of keeping his memory alive, Love you all !!

Anonymous said...

I love this new family tradition, and the idea of teaching her young about the importance of these types of events. I know Phil would be so proud!

Christy