Sunday, September 28, 2008

Milestones...

The last few weeks have been busy with the loss of Phillip's dad, I had a birthday and today we celebrated our anniversary. I turned the big 40 on my birthday and still find that hard to believe. Today we celebrated 17 years of marriage and I love Phillip more today than ever. We went to dinner Saturday night and our good friend Mary came over to watch Avery for us, this was a first for us, leaving her with anyone other than my mom... we were gone a total of 1 1/2 hours, kind of funny. I just felt like something was missing and I guess it was... AVERY. : ) Today at church we had our 7th annual homecoming... so as you can see quite a few things going on. I usually try to leave the blog to just Avery but today I just wanted to add a few more things, hope you don't mind. I have watched God work so much in our life over the last 17 years and find that without Him our life would have been so hard at times. God has blessed me with the most amazing man that ever walked, he has the heart of gold and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it, he is the most amazing father he always wants to be hands on with Avery and just a part of everything with her. I thank God for putting Phillip into my life he is my rock and my strength he keeps me grounded... I could go on and on but lets just say "I LOVE HIM".

I thank God for the 40 years he has given me and for the most amazing family anyone could ever ask for. I would not be who I am today if it was not for my dad, mom and sister... they truly inspire me. Avery... what can I say... SHE IS AMAZING!!! I love this baby and now I see why we went through 16 yrs of marriage wanting a child and not understanding why God did not have one in our plan...He had the perfect one already picked out for us and we just had to wait for His timing, boy was it worth the wait. I am so glad you guys read our blog with us I do enjoy updating it. Please don't forget to leave us your comments, we love to read them. If you are not sure how to leave a comment just click on comments at the bottom of the post type in your message and then the password thing and click Anonymous or you can sign up for a Google account(it's free) we would love to hear from you, just dont forget to sign your name, sometimes I have comments and don't know who they are from. God bless you all.
Avery and Mary... Avery with her first babysitter. : ) We love you GG



This was my birthday box from WV when I opened it... The chips were for Phillip... Avery had about 4 outfits and then the rest was for me...my didn't anyone out, everyone had a gift. Thanks daddy, mommy and Jennifer.

My birthday present box from WV.

17 Years of marriage and we could not be happier. : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful parents and sister, great friends and a beautiful family. God has truly blessed you.

Love,
Christy & Cole

Anonymous said...

YA'LL still looking the same..am so happy for you guys...Me and sam cried when we got the card in the mail. we are so happy for you guys and she is a very beauitful little girl..keeping you guys in our prayers and we love to come up and see you guys and meet the little one.....take care
god has bless you guys greatly,,

sam$nanci

The Rodney Holmes Family said...

Gina,
Thanks for putting your heart into the blog. Reading it is one of the highlights of my day. Don't stop writing about God's blessings.

Love,
Faye

Anonymous said...

You three are amazing...Isn't God great !!!! What a wonderful family we are blessed to have. My heart is full of pride !!!!! I love you all so much